Salary: $20.87 – $26.74 Hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Brewster Village – 3300 W. Brewster Street, Appleton, Wisconsin
Department: BV Administration
Brewster Village is looking for dedicated and compassionate caregivers who want to work in a team-based environment, where Person Directed Living is our top priority.
Under the general supervision of the Financial Services Director, the Billing Associate performs data entry and other duties relating to billing; maintain records, provides information and assistance and maintains knowledge related to regulatory requirements.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
· Follows CMS guidelines and remains current on all internal and external billing policies and procedures related to insurance, Medicare and Medicaid including eligibility and enrollment requirements.
· Maximizes the capabilities of the billing software in order to deliver accurate and timely statements/claims to responsible parties.
· Maintains orderly and accessible physical villager files that include the paper documentation required to support assigned billing activities.
· Assesses ability to pay of all villagers and, as necessary, coordinates with appropriate staff to determine villager’s ability to pay, including attending care conferences and informing villagers of available resources to remain in good financial standing.
· Identifies and works with the Financial Services Director to rectify unpaid accounts and documents appropriate notes in villager’s record.
· Engages, at least weekly, with villagers in support of the mission of Brewster Village and maintains regular and predictable attendance, works overtime/extra hours as required.
· Maintains a safe, comfortable and functional environment by assessing for potential hazards, implements practices utilizing appropriate techniques regarding sanitation, infection control, fire safety, disaster preparedness and emergency care, investigates and reports all incidents and accidents, and observes the team for safe work habits.
· Performs as back up for other areas in business office.
Associate degree in Accounting with one to two years office billing or accounting, and computer experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required or Preferred Skills:
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate decimals and percents.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
· Ability to comprehend and interpret a variety of documents including County Board resolutions, salary authorizations, various policy and procedure guides, Federal and State nursing home regulations, etc.
· Ability to prepare a variety of documents including Federal and State cost reports, credit reports, vouchers, journals, letters and other correspondence, etc.
· Ability to use and interpret accounting and billing terminology.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with Clients, Coworkers, Supervisors, Insurance Company Personal, State Billing Personal, Collection Agency Representatives, and other County departments, IT personnel, and others verbally and in writing.
Outagamie County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
|Date Posted:||October 19, 2020|