Senior Support Specialist – Mental Health Division
Salary: $16.90 – $21.63 Hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Outagamie County Government Center 320 South Walnut Street, Appleton, Wisconsin
Department: DHHS System Support
The Senior Support Specialist performs a variety of general and specialized administrative functions to assist the Department of Health and Human Services with providing services to the public. System Support staff will be cross trained within other divisions of Health and Human Services.
The following duties are most critical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
· Effectively communicating with the public. Greeting and directing the public, providing program information, answering multi-line telephone, taking messages, making referrals to other services when appropriate, and otherwise assisting the public.
· Gathers and documents information to determine client enrollment into programs. Schedules appointments. Enters data and program specific information into various computer systems, programs, and case files.
· Prepares, edits and revises various documents including correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, questionnaires, etc., from handwritten notes, recorded voice dictation, meeting information, or prior documents, using typewriter or computer and word processing and speech recognition software.
· Opens, maintains, and closes electronic or hard copy files/charts. Performs file maintenance and destruction following applicable policy and procedure. Scans documents into electronic case files.
· Develop and maintain spreadsheets, create charts and tables, or generate reports.
· Process, distribute, and/or scan mail following standard procedures.
· Processes paperwork specific to the assigned division. Prepares legal documents and processes paperwork for court actions. Opens and files court documents as appropriate. Coordinates serving the client with court documents.
· Completes background checks and performs notary duties
· May provide financial assistance functions to Department and/or clientele including depositing checks and allowances, setting up and maintaining payment accounts, preparing bills, handling petty cash and maintaining associated records, preparing billing statements, preparing requisitions or purchase orders.
· Maintains inventory of office and computer supplies, forms, papers, verify bills when received, and arranging for payment.
· Minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent with at least two years of office experience.
· Experience in Word, Excel, machine transcription, scanning, and public contact preferred.
· Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities
Required or Preferred Skills:
· Knowledge of and ability to use modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
· Skill in operation of computers and software programs utilized by the department.
· Demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm at 95% accuracy rate.
· Effectively communicate in English. The ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Determine priorities, multi-task, plan and organize work schedule to meet deadlines and goals.
· Respect individual and their differences, and work with members of all socioeconomic groups.
· Maintain confidentiality and accountability
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other county and department employees, and the general public.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and figure simple mathematical calculations.
· Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move up to 20 pounds. Understand and use proper body mechanics.
OUTAGAMIE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE COUNTY WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND ENCOURAGES BOTH PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND INCUMBENTS TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL ACCOMMODATIONS WITH THE EMPLOYER.
|Date Posted:||October 16, 2020|